WhatsAppWhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform in the world. With two billion monthly users, it is quite possible for anyone you want to reach out to on WhatsApp. However, despite its popularity, it lacks one key feature – the ability to send messages without having to add a number to the phonebook. Today we will look at some ways to start a WhatsApp chat without adding a phone number as a contact: –
These are the ways
WhatsApp’s wa.me short links can be used to start a WhatsApp chat without leaving any contact. Apps like the WhatsApp or Click to Chat apps use the same short link API to launch a new chat. It is also possible to create a shortcut on the iPhone that uses the API to launch the chat.
At first glance, there seems to be no way to start a chat on WhatsApp without saving the number. However, what actually exists is probably a method designed for integration into websites and applications. WhatsApp’s Click to Chat feature uses the wa.me shortcut link to launch a chat with any active WhatsApp account.
To use the function, go to your browser and type https://wa.me/phonenumber. The phone number field should also include the country and area code, but there are no modifications like + or – or 00. For example, if you are in India, the syntax is https://wa.me/919911223344.
Tap Enter and WhatsApp will take you to a website with a green message button. Tapping this button will leave you with a chat.
You can also use the app
If the above process seems too complicated, there are many apps that use the same functionality but can quickly and easily launch WhatsApp chat without adding a connection to the phonebook.
WhatsDirect is an app where you can enter phone numbers and chat messages. Tap Send and it will leave you with the main messaging app. The app does not require any permissions, but ads are displayed in the interface. An alternative option is Click to Chat, which does the same thing, but leaves ads.
How To iPhone
The first way to access the wa.me link in the browser works fine on the iPhone as well. There is a great way to chat on WhatsApp without saving contact numbers on iOS. The Shortcuts app lets you set up a quick access path to input the phone number and chat quickly.
- Go to the Shortcuts app and create a new shortcut.
- For the first action, tap on ‘Add Action’ and find ‘Action for input’.
- Once selected, tap the Action field and set it to ask for a number.
- Assign an ‘easy-to-remember assignment label’ to it.
- Now add another action. For the second function, you need to set it as a variable. In the first field, type the same label as above.
- In this case, it’s called the phone number. In the second field, select the input provided. This ensures that the phone number once added will be assigned to a specific field.
- For the third action, select the url option. In the url field, enter http://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=91 and follow it with the variable above. In this case, it is a variable called a phone number. Be sure to replace 91 with your country’s dialing code in the URL field.
- Finally, the fourth action is to launch the browser with the URL.
- You can now add a shortcut to the home screen, launch it with Spotlight Search, or use Siri to start a chat without adding a connection.
Can anyone call on WhatsApp without saving the contact number?
- Not directly. However, you can start a chat with an unsaved number and then make a phone call using the phone icon in the chat.
Instagram New Features: With 60 seconds available for videos of stories on Instagram, the company is testing this feature
Amazon Deal: If you want to buy an iPad Air, don’t miss the chance to discount up to 20 thousand in sales