Digital Payment: India is leading the digital payment segment in most countries. UPI means the consolidated payments interface has fueled this growth. In many cases it is much easier than paying by cash. However, you need an active Internet connection to make payments. Imagine you are in a place where you have no internet and no cash to pay. Similarly, you can still pay with minimal network coverage without any problems.
You can use UPI in offline mode using the USSD code on your phone. Notably, the * 99 # service is launched for all mobile users, regardless of model, and supports smartphones and feature phones. Also, the phone number must be linked to your bank account to make UPI payments.
Also Read: COVID-19 Vaccine: January 3, 15 to 18 year olds get vaccinated, the whole process of booking slots is here
Smartphone users don’t need an offline UPI, who can use UPI apps like PhonePe and Google Pay. However, feature phone users can get the * 99 # USSD code to use UPI. Also, this feature is good for smartphone users facing internet problem.
Also read: mAadhaar App: Here is a complete list of 10 important things you can do with the mAadhaar app
How to make UPI payments without internet
- First, type * 99 # from your phone’s keypad and call.
- There are so many options ahead of you. The first option would be “send money” then dial 1.
- Now it will ask you where and how you want to send money, such as a mobile number, UPI ID, IFSC code or any other beneficiary already saved.
- Now fill out the details by selecting any of these options and tap Send.
- Now enter the amount and send it.
- Now make a comment.
- Now you will be asked for the UPI pin, tap on it and send it. Now the payment is over.
Also Read: Prepaid Recharge Plan: Jio Offers 1GB Data For Rs 10 And Vi For Rs 4.18, Full Details Of The Plan Here
In particular, you can also disable the UPI USSD code. You need to call * 99 # to do this. From the list select 4 “My Profile” and then select the number 7 to be de-registered with UPI. USSD Code Confirm your choice to disable the UPI payment service.