Aadhaar SIM Card Link Status: Aadhaar is now mandatory to get a mobile SIM. How many mobile SIMs are linked to your Aadhaar number? Now you can get this information. If you don’t use any of these SIMs, you can disconnect it. The Department of Telecom has launched a portal called Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection or TAFCOP. This way you can find out how many sims are running in your name. The portal was launched in April, when the fraud numbers registered in Aadhaar came to the fore.
How to check
- First go to https://www.tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
- Enter your mobile number there.
- After this you will get one time password (OTP).
- A list will appear after the OTP is submitted. You will know how many numbers are registered in your Aadhaar.
- Block the number you don’t use in this list.
- Customers will be given a tracking ID so that they can find out what action has been taken against those who issued an invalid number in Aadhaar
You need to check how many sims are registered in your Aadhaar. Maybe some fake SIM running in your name. If so, you may run into trouble. Usually people give a new SIM after losing the mobile but don’t take care of the old SIM. Doing this is a big mistake because if your old SIM is linked to your Aadhaar number and there is something wrong with it, then the police investigation can also reach you.